Parent Child Group – Fall 2018
DMS is pleased to offer a summer series of Parent & Child/Infant playgroup for children 0-3.5 years old, providing parents with an opportunity to learn more about the principles of Waldorf Early Childhood education and how they can be applied in the home. The atmosphere is one of warm and supportive companionship with other families, facilitated by a Waldorf playgroup teacher to form a beautiful experience for both parents and children.
Children 0-3.5 years old
Dates, Time & Location:
Monday & Friday Sessions from 8:30-10am
Fall Session Starts Sep 17 – Dec 14
$240 for 12 sessions plus $80 material fees
50% discount for siblings – no fee for siblings under 6 months old
Nutritious snack included
Class availability dependent on sufficient enrollment
Children come to…
- Explore a child-friendly environment that challenges and nurtures, with simple play materials.
- Delight in special attention given to support their unfolding interests, motor abilities, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience social interaction in play that stimulates their speech and language development.
- Engage with other children at their stage of development, while developing social capacities.
- Explore nature through gardening, nature walks, and caring for farm animals.
Parents come and…
- Experience an environment that encourages the valuable exchange of ideas and information.
- Explore the value of observation in seeing and understanding what their children are doing and how they are learning as they play.
- Delight in the joy of sharing songs and games with their children that support speech and language development.
- Meet other parents and find a community of sharing and support.
- Discover new tips for parenting and caregiving.