Parent Council is Desert Marigold’s parent-teacher organization and meets monthly and quarterly to support our students’ educational experience, our teachers and the school as a whole. The vitality of Parent Council depends on you, together we can do so much! Our success depends on a sufficient number of parents who are willing and able to contribute their energy and leadership to do this important work. Please join us!
DMS Parent Council Mission
The Parent Council supports the mission of Desert Marigold School and serves as a collective voice by facilitating communication between the governing bodies, administration, and families. The Parent Council exists to develop strong social bonds by supporting parent education, school activities, active volunteerism, celebrations and special events; thereby building a vibrant community.
Primary Responsibilities in collaboration with faculty and administration, include:
- Coordinating class parents to facilitate communication
- Coordinating volunteer efforts for school events and festivals
- Coordinating fundraising efforts to enhance our students’ educational experience and to support our community
- Creating social warmth and community
- Providing a forum where parents can express and nurture their ideas, interests and skills
Parent Council Leadership Team: 2016-2017
- Pam Hopkins, Chair
- Jessica Jarrett, Secretary
- Heads Team: Laura Slayton-Garcia, Claus Hetzer, Gabriela Valdez
- Hands Team: Kim Baker, Susan Kerr, Michelle Kratzer, David Munoz
- Hearts Team: Melissa Amezquita, Alicia Flockhart, Barbara Tsinakis
Email Parent Council at firstname.lastname@example.org