Kim John Payne Parenting Workshop in Tucson – Mar 31
KIM JOHN PAYNE, AUTHOR OF “SIMPLICITY PARENTING” COMING TO TUCSON MARCH 31ST
LECTURE & MINI-WORKSHOP IN TUCSON
March 31 @ 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Tucson Waldorf School’s Treasuring Childhood Film & Lecture Series is thrilled to be bringing Kim John Payne, noted author of Simplicity Parenting, to Tucson for a one-time lecture.
The event will be held at – Sea of Glass Center for The Arts at 330 East 7th Street in Tucson, Az.
The lecture is free and open to the public
**RSVP is requires as space for the event is limited. Adults only please, infants-in-arms are welcomed.**
HOW TO HAVE DEVICES NOT BE DIVISIVE FOR OUR FAMILY
- Not Anti-Screen but Pro-Connection to Nature and People
- How to maintain loving limits, warm, firm and calm discipline and strong family connections in a world where increasingly “screens are supreme”
- How to build focus, grit and good judgment so that our kids do not become overwhelmed with media driven images but can shape their own self esteem, hopes and dreams.
- How to encourage respect when negative images of adults pervade pop culture.
- Fitting in with friends. “Won’t my kids be disadvantaged if I limit screen media?”
- Aloneness vs. Loneliness. Helping kids know the difference.
- The alluring world of no boundaries that screen use develops and how this makes discipline and guidance difficult.
- Virtuous VS. Virtual. Building real and enduring relationships with people who will “be there” for you when times get tough.
I am not negatively anti screen for kids, but passionately pro connection. Connection to the things that matter like the natural world, friends, play, family and to their own beautiful but delicate emerging values. Screens interrupt these crucial connections and that has got to be suspicious. – Kim John Payne.
More about Simplicity Parenting and Loving Discipline in A Digital Age:https://www.simplicityparenting.com/kims-lectures/loving-discipline-in-a-digital-age/
More about Kim John Payne:https://www.simplicityparenting.com/about-simplicity-parenting/about-kim-john-payne/