School Starts Thursday, August 8th
The Bell Rings at 8:10am!
We hope you are enjoying your summer break!
Below please find the information on the new school day schedule, 2019-20 school calendar, first parent meeting dates and teacher’s class letters welcoming each of you and your students to this school year. These letters contain important information about the upcoming year and a list of supplies needed.
Desert Marigold School is dedicated to being a sustainable campus. We sent out a postcard reminder with the Back-to-School information compiled in one easy to find electronic location instead of printing and mailing the documents.
New School Schedule
School Begins for All:
Gates open at 7:50am
First bell rings at 8:10am
Final bell rings at 8:15am
School Ends as Follows:
- Early Childhood (Pre-K & K) ends at 12:15 pm
- 1st grade ends at 2:00 pm
- 2nd grade – HS ends at 3:25 pm
- No Early Release Days (Except for those listed on the Academic Calendar)
KinderCare: available until 3:15 pm.
(Preschool – 1st Grade)
After Care: available from 3:25-5:30 pm.
(2nd grade and Up)
Go here to access Extended Care Fees and Forms for all extended care programs.
*You must complete a new contract to sign up for 2019-20 Extended Care programs.
A strong partnership between parents and teachers is essential for students to become the best they can be. Take an active part in your child’s education journey:
- Assure your child arrives on time and ready to learn.
- Attend class meetings, curriculum overviews, parent orientations and parent teacher conferences.
- Stay in contact with the teachers and support the class parent (check with your class teacher to understand his/her preferred communication method).
- Become familiar with the Core Principles of Public Waldorf education.
- Read the Parent Handbook.
- If you have a question or concern and want to know who to speak with, please see the DMS Communication Flow Chart.
- Provide a balanced home life in harmony with your child(ren)’s stage of development.
- Continue learning yourself!
Back To School
Early Childhood and Grades
Early Childhood: Mon, Aug 5, 4:30pm – 6:00pm
Grade 1: Thu, Aug 29, 5:30pm (class letter sent via email)
Grade 2: Thu, Aug 15, 6:30-8:00pm (class letter)
Grade 3: Fri, Aug 23, 6:30-8:30pm (class letter)
Grade 4: Tues, Aug 20, 3:30pm (class letter)
Grade 5: Tues, Aug 13, 6:00pm
Grade 6: Sat, Aug 10, 10:30am-12:00pm (class letter)
Grade 7: Sat, Aug 3, 6:00pm (class letter)
Grade 8: Mon, Aug 19, 6:00pm (class letter)
*Childcare will not be available, and no unsupervised children are allowed on campus. We would like to have both parents attend, but please have at least one parent come to the meeting.
- HS Community Workday, Saturday, August 3, 7AM – 12PM
- HS Back to School Night, Monday, August 5, 5PM – 7 PM
- Registration (grades 9-11) 5-6PM
- Orientation (grades 9 and all new HS students) 6-7 PM
Lunchkins is coming to Desert Marigold! LEARN MORE
Free & Reduced Lunch
2019-209 Free & Reduced Lunch Form (All Students)
Even though we do not have a free/reduced lunch program, yet, this information is used to determine if DMS will receive federal funding including grants for programs and campus development. All information is kept confidential. Please complete this form and return it to the school office or email it back to Deana Douglas firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Friday, September 28th.
If all DMS families return this form it could actually be a first step toward making an affordable daily school lunch program a reality. This is an essential federal form that we need for our records. Government funding above and beyond what we already receive is based largely on need as measured by the “Free and Reduced Lunch Form”. The first step in determining our eligibility for funding is to have a complete and accurate profile of our entire student population. So get your form in today!
Arizona Child Find
Child Find helps schools to locate, identify, and evaluate children in need of early intervention or special education services. Any parent with questions regarding developmental stages or issues relating to their child may receive information in the school office. The information contains a list of agencies that provide assessment and services in all areas of development. Any parent that suspects their DMS school-age child may have a delay or disability should contact their Class Teacher or the DMS Child Find Coordinator. LEARN MORE
Carol Moriarty and Millie Harkins,
Student Support Services
Other important information
FERPA – Family Education Rights & Privacy Act (All Students)
MOWR – Move On When Reading (Grades K-3)
These Facebook groups are run by community members and parents
No member of the administration, staff, or faculty monitors the content of these groups. Please speak directly with school administration if you have any questions or concerns about the school or its policies.