Parent Council is Desert Marigold’s parent-teacher organization and meets monthly and quarterly to support our students’ educational experience, our teachers and the school as a whole. The vitality of Parent Council depends on you, together we can do so much! Our success depends on a sufficient number of parents who are willing and able to contribute their energy and leadership to do this important work. Please join us!
DMS Parent Council Mission
The Parent Council supports the mission of Desert Marigold School and serves as a collective voice by facilitating communication between the governing bodies, administration, and families. The Parent Council exists to develop strong social bonds by supporting parent education, school activities, active volunteerism, celebrations and special events; thereby building a vibrant community.
Primary Responsibilities in collaboration with faculty and administration, include:
- Creating social warmth and community
- Coordinating class parents to facilitate communication
- Coordinating volunteer efforts for Parent Council sponsored events and festivals
- Providing a forum where parents can express and nurture their ideas, interests, and skills
Parent Council Leadership Team: 2019-2020
- Chair: Michelle Kratzer
- Co-Chair: Laura Heaney
- Treasurer: Keratin Kubina
- Secretary: Canella Garcia
- Hands Team: Laura Heaney, Hilary Cutright, Kellee Schlink
- Heads Team: Christine Johnson
- Hearts Team: Heather Hawkes
Email Parent Council at email@example.com
2019-20 Parent Council Meeting Dates:
Meetings held in HS English Room.